We welcome your child to our 2012 Marin Soccer Camp! We are excited about this year's outstanding staff! We have a terrific program and we know we're going to have lots of fun! Here is some information for you:
- Please have your child at camp by 9 a.m. each day, if possible. Children must be picked up promptly at 3 p.m. Please remind your child in the morning if he or she will be picked up by someone other than a parent. Plan to leave/write a note at the camp check-in table about any alternate pickup arrangements.
- The director and staff will make every effort to provide a great learning experience for each camper. We place campers in groups according to their age, and then adjust according to skill level. We are responsive to requests; if you feel (or your child feels) that placement needs reconsideration please discuss it with us. We observe each individual and try to attend promptly to any need.
- Campers should have sunscreen applied before arriving at camp, and should have sunscreen with them at camp. Coaches frequently remind them to reapply it and help younger children when needed.
- Please label clothing and lunch bags/boxes with name and phone number.
- Campers are not allowed to leave the camp area at any time during the camp hours.
- At some of the sites, an ice cream truck arrives in the parking lot adjacent to the field after camp. Children who bring money for ice cream must be responsible for it.
- Sessions run Monday through Friday, 9 AM to 3 PM. Before-camp supervision: available 8:30-9 AM at all camps. After-care supervision: San Anselmo camps only, available 3-6 PM through San Anselmo P&R. (No after-camp supervision is available in SF, Corte Madera, Mill Valley, San Rafael or Lake Tahoe.)
- We encourage campers to check the lost-and-found box each day. Coaches will display unclaimed items daily and at the end of each week. Each year we end up with unclaimed clothes, lunch boxes and coolers. If you are picking up your child, you may also want to check the lost and found box, particularly at the end of the week. We will keep unclaimed items for one week after the end of the camp season and then donate them to charity.
- On Friday, staff and campers gather at 2:40 p.m. for closing remarks. Please plan to have your child stay until 3 p.m. to participate unless it is absolutely necessary to leave before then.
- We welcome parents to observe at the camp at any time.
- If you have any questions, problems, or concerns please speak with Dave, or the head coach at the camp, or leave a message at our office (383-0320). We will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are looking forward to a terrific time with your child at Marin Soccer Camp!
Dave, Jacki, Linda, Rachel & staff
Dave Fromer, Camp Director